Sunday, October 24, 2010

Amicalola Falls

This Saturday we headed up to the North Georgia Mountains to see the leaves changing. We ended up at Amicalola Falls in Dawsonville. It was beautiful. It was a short hike to the base. The kids loved it.


Yes, that is a truck in the trees. Saw it on the hike to the base

The boys at the base of the falls

There is a staircase at the base that you can take to the top. Yes, 425 steps. We decided why not and started up. First, thought I was going to die. Second, coming back down I discovered works a whole different set of muscles than going up. 850 steps later, my legs are sore today. I think next time, we'll drive to the top :)

At least I didn't have to carry Nolan like Jason did. Yes, he carried him the whole 425 steps.
Nicholas was a trooper and was the first one to the top.

View from the base...isn't it amazing

The family - after walking 850 steps!

No comments: