Friday, December 17, 2010

Salt Dough Ornaments

Tuesday night we decided to make salt dough ornaments. It was really fun and really easy. Just takes time to bake them and paint them.

Recipe was from family fun magazine.

3 cups Flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water

Mix with blender and then knead with hand. It was really crumbly, I would probably add more water next time. I formed into a ball and then rolled out and we cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Form a hole for hanging with a straw.

Bake at 275 for 2 hours on foil lined pan and allow to cool completely.

Paint with acrylic paint letting your children use their creativity! When dry, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge. Once dry, hang, gift, and enjoy!


Nicholas cutting out the shapes

Nicholas painting. Nolan painted too, but didn't get a picture. Too busy trying to keep the paint from getting everywhere :)

Finished ornament


Back of ornament. Wrote name and year on it. I think they would be really cute not painted also. Might try that next!

No comments: