Is it Wednesday already? Not much going on here. I did want to share about Nolan's big accomplishment today. I put him into his exo-saucer and was about to put a blanket in with him to help hold him up when I realized I didn't need to. He was holding himself up great!
We had another hard night of trying to get Nicholas to go to bed in his own bed. It takes about an hour of him getting up before he'll settle down. Last night after him getting up once I went upstairs with him and we talked. I was trying to figure out why he is so scared. Finally I asked him if he wanted his baby blanket. I got one of his baby blanket's out of his closet. It was one that my Mom made for him. I told him about how I had one just like it when I was his age that my Mom made for me and how I slept with it everynight. Also how sleeping with it was like having Grandmomma watch over and protect him at night. It was amazing how it calmed him down. He said today that the blanket made him feel braver in his room. We tried calling Grandmomma and telling her, but she wasn't at home. So Mom, if you are reading this...Thanks for helping Nicholas get a good nights sleep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works tonight as well :)
Coffee, Cats, and Deadlines: A Day in My Life
2 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment